Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default New to forum, need help Milner lock

Hello,

I am a Locksmith in Fiji and came to know about this site while looking for info on a Safe i have been called to unlock (Lost keys)

This is a Milner safe with a lock type I have never seen/worked on before.
    I am attaching the pictures here.
    Upon my search I got to find out it's a Milner Type A lock.
    The safe in question is far from me so I request if the dimensions of the lock could be supplied by someone.
    I don't want to take any chances if I am unable to pick it and knowing the dimensions will help greatly.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Bharat Lal
    Elite Locksmith Services Limited
    Suva, Fiji
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_8801A.jpg   IMG_8802A.jpg   IMG_8803A.jpg   IMG_8804A.jpg  
    Last edited by Huw Eastwood; 02-10-17 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Removed advertising and contact links

Ok you supply the return flight and the cocktails and I'll consider opening it for you. There are many references to the different Milners locks and locking arrangements of your type of safe on here if you search for them with the search function at top right of page.

Default Milner Safe Help

Quote Originally Posted by MaxVaultage View Post
    Ok you supply the return flight and the cocktails and I'll consider opening it for you. There are many references to the different Milners locks and locking arrangements of your type of safe on here if you search for them with the search function at top right of page.
    Ha Ha, don't think my customer could afford that.
    So I did go and attempt to unlock it, but could not.
    I did search, but now am confused on the exact type (not even sure now if it's a type A lock). It could also be a Ratner lock by the looks of it....and I've never seen this lock before too.
    I will not attempt to drill this without knowing the exact type and dimensions as I don't want to waste my time, plus damage a perfectly working vintage item.
    Hence I have advised the customer I will get back to them once I have proper information on the lock type.
    However I know for a fact the customer won't wait and surely another Locksmith will butcher the lock while try to gather information.

Default Milner Safe Help

While I try to gather information.
    Typo error

Thread Information