Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Rosengren safe drawer lock

Found this small Rosengren 6L double bitted lock and wonder if their very common It seems quite a cheap job though having a separate thrower for the bolt seems a little much Also the keys have that 1920-30's look about them just wondered if any of you had any thoughts on this before it goes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 03 view.jpg  

Used to see a lot of those Rosengrens pressed steel keys, but the ones we saw always fitted the cylinder locks. Have never see those keys applied to a lever lock style like your one before- perhaps they are rarer...It looks to be much later manufacture to me though. Here's one of the types we used to see, think they applied them widely to cover many applications.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	593.9 KB 
ID:	14696
    Up until a year or so ago, I had a box of original factory blanks for these.

Forgot to say 1960s For these cylinders I think and yes thinking more about it the safe deposit box locks were also a similar type.

Default Rosengren lock

Well yes Max many thanks for your reply, Rosenberg did use this type of double bitted key on lots of different smaller locks Some I have seen on fire resisting cabinets, dial check locks and drawer locks so as you say a type of key that suited many different applications. So as to this lock perhaps it only dates from the 1950's?

Thread Information