I have a Tidewater Power Company lock which I'd like to sell. I had it listed on eBay and it had quite a lot of interest before eBay yanked it down due to it being a Railroad lock.

Looking for reasonable offers to be posted here. A nice lock to add to your collection.

Here's copy paste from my previous listing:

Here's a great and (I assume rare) lock from Tidewater Power Company of North Carolina. Tidewater Power Company operated an Electric Railway among other things such as gas and electric lights. I was given the information that this lock is from the Tidewater Power Company after consulting a lock expert and his colleague. Would make a great collector piece. "T.W.P Co" is written in raised letters on the little piece of metal which covers the keyhole. The spring on this piece of metal is quite tight and works well. There is no key with this item. There is some writing along the shank but I don't have a magnifying glass strong enough to view it. It appears to be brass.

"The Wilmington Street Railway company, responsible for Wilmington’s Streets, converted its rails from animal power to electrical power in 1892. The Wilmington Street Railway company soon foreclosed and was sold to the highest bidder, Dr. Charles P. Bolles, Jr. on behalf of the banking house of Hugh McRae and Co., for a price of $101,500.<br><br>

Around the same time, the Wilmington Gas Light Company was giving bids to the city to provide light. The public utility provided by the Wilmington Gas Light Company would eventually merge with the Wilmington Street Railway Company and Sea Coast Railroad, the steam engine that traveled to Wrightsville Beach from Wilmington.<br><br>

These companies merged forming Consolidated Railways Light and Power Company, the company responsible for providing electric service and running the electric streetcars on the public right-of-way, the Wilmington Beach Car Line, in April 1902 In 1907 Consolidated Railways, Light and Power Company formed Tidewater Power Company, with Hugh MacRae as president. The company had the distinction of being the only public service corporation in the South whose common stock was entirely held in its hometown.<br><br>

Tidewater Power Company sought to enhance the experience and attraction of the Beach Car Line. The Star News reported in October of 1915 that improvements made by Tidewater Power Company to the Beach Line included new stations at Cape Fear Golf Links and a new “modern” station at Wrightsville Sound with H.E. Bonitz as architect and Frank B. Meade as landscape architect. " From "River to the Sea Bikeway http://rivertoseabikeway.com/beachcar.html"Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lock1.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	280.5 KB 
ID:	14633Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lock2.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	193.5 KB 
ID:	14634Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lock3.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	253.7 KB 
ID:	14635