Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Question Calling on help to identify padlocks

Hi everyone

I'm new here... But I've been a collector of padlocks since about the age of 22. My orginal collection has been sold, however I've recently started again. I've always been interested in the aesthetic appeal of vintage/antique handmade padlocks, without really been concerned so much with their value or origin. I wish to post pictures of my padlocks with the hope that the experts out there can help me to identify what their origin is, how old, value? Anything I don't know. (Basically everything).

Any information would be greatly appreciated, I'm hoping to write down some history behind my locks to keep with my collection.

Thanks for for taking the to read this!
    kind regards,
    Chris.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  

image.jpg   image.jpg  

Default I have the same lock

I have the same lock as the first lock in your first picture. I also have no information on it. Sorry,

For your sixth lock see the following link. Hope this helps.

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedi...rick-249287568

1X OLD HEAVY TRICK PADLOCKS FROM GERMANY 1920/1930 . BRAUNS PATENT SICHERHEITSSCHLOSS . MINT CONDITION , WITH ORIGINAL KEY/ BOX/ USER MANUEL ,WRAPPING PAPER . FOUND IN UNUSED CONDITION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IN PRFECT WORKING ORDER . SICE :4 INCH WIDE . WORKING : FIRST OPEN THE KEY HOLE , BY TURNING BUTTON IN THE MIDDLE , TO THE LEFT , KEYHOLE OPENS . PUT KEY IN AND TURN TO THE LEFT , WENN STOPS , THAN PULL AND TURN FURTHER TO THE LEFT , AND LOCK OPENS . CLOSE : TURN RIGHT , AND LOCK CLOSE .

Thread Information