Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Talking Hello from Australia

Hi from a little country town in the state of Victoria, not far from Melbourne.
    A little bit about me... I've been collecting padlocks and keys for a long time now and have a few door locks in the collection now.
    Talk to me about Australian Lockwood (now owned by Assa Abloy), old Yale, Victorian Railways padlock and my love of nickel silver keys, the older, the better!
    My avatar pic is an Australian made 5 pin padlock, with an American Lockwood logo, which, the boys from Lockwood in Huntingdale tell me is pre-WW2.
    Favourites that I have are a some French combination padlocks, a bunch of bronze bodied Yale padlocks (one which is pre 1870 - Yale Mfg Co) and a recent purchase - a stainless steel padlock from Bramah of London.
    Cheers, Mickthepick.

Welcome, we always love to see your locks.

Hi Nick, something like this?
    A small 3 wheel combination padlock that I picked a few months ago.
    if anyone knows where it could be from, please let me know.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	9 
Size:	228.2 KB 
ID:	14567
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg  

Quote Originally Posted by Mickthepick View Post
    Hi from a little country town in the state of Victoria, not far from Melbourne.
    A little bit about me... I've been collecting padlocks and keys for a long time now and have a few door locks in the collection now.
    Talk to me about Australian Lockwood (now owned by Assa Abloy), old Yale, Victorian Railways padlock and my love of nickel silver keys, the older, the better!
    My avatar pic is an Australian made 5 pin padlock, with an American Lockwood logo, which, the boys from Lockwood in Huntingdale tell me is pre-WW2.
    Favourites that I have are a some French combination padlocks, a bunch of bronze bodied Yale padlocks (one which is pre 1870 - Yale Mfg Co) and a recent purchase - a stainless steel padlock from Bramah of London.
    Cheers, Mickthepick.

hello im also from small country town in vic also collect locks keys etc will try to put some pics on today have some cool stuff i think .cheers andrew

Thread Information