Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Ely Norris York Safe - Antique Cannonball

I have an Ely Norris York Safe - Cannonball. Everything works fine except the dial. It's open and the dial spins but not very easily. I think I need to remove the faceplate, but it doesn't come off. Any ideas of how I can fix this dial???imagejpeg

It probably is the combination lock itself rather than the dial (but you never know). The majority of responses you are likely to get here will be to let a locksmith look it over. Check out http://savta.org and their "Safe Tech Search" to find one in your area. It's been demonstrated in the past that giving a crash course in safe repair via this forum does not always work well. Do you have any experience already?

Could you post some pictures of your safe? Cannonballs are certainly impressive.

I also would lean to a Safe tech for the least amount of damage. But if you are comfortable with taking things apart I would strongly suggest taking pictures at every step to help on putting it back together.

Thread Information