Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Mosler documentation - NS4004

Does anybody have some "older" Mosler documentation? Specifically form number NS-04004 prior to Mosler terminating production of the 302/402 locks?

I have a copy from 1996 (see http://www.antique-locks.com/showthr...ghlight=ns4004 for a PDF copy) but it explains that Mosler stopped producing the 302/402 in 1991, so it covers instead the replacement locks produced for Mosler by others.

I'm interested in seeing an earlier copy that covers the 302/402. For example there were many variations produced and I'm curious as to the varieties and designations, also parts breakdowns.

There are the key change and hand change versions of both the Gr 1 and Gr 2 locks. 3 (302) and 4 (402) wheel locks in the Gr 2, not sure if there was a 4 wheel Gr 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug MacQueen View Post
    There are the key change and hand change versions of both the Gr 1 and Gr 2 locks. 3 (302) and 4 (402) wheel locks in the Gr 2, not sure if there was a 4 wheel Gr 1.
    I was thinking the same, more or less. There should be several ways to categorize safe locks.

- 3 wheels or 4 wheels; I assumed this was 302/402

- Hand Change versus Key Change. I assume this is the "K" in some model designations.

- Group 1 and Group 2. Perhaps the former is the "MR" in models such as MRK302

- X-Ray-resistant wheels versus ordinary wheels (the latter might be metal or plastic but that's probably a manufacturing choice rather than a model specification).

Now, that's 16 models. Of course we can omit some, for example x-ray-resistant group 2 doesn't make much sense.

What's curious is a 1988 training video I just got on eBay that states there were 9 models and the details are spelled out in NS4004. So I'm curious about which ones they made or didn't make, and the model designations. And, as I mentioned, parts/assembly diagrams.

Yes the MRK 302 is a Manipulation Resistant Key change 3 wheel Gr 1. The X-ray resistant hand change wheel is by far the most common found and was widely used, even in the Gr 2 locks. There was an oddball model, don't know the model number, that was longer with a piggyback 2 movement timer.

Default Mosler MR / MRK-302, etc. locks

I have a number of these locks, of various sorts. I also have earlier documentation on them This is not in electronic format, and I don't have scanning capability. I'll share with whoever is interested, but I'll need a postal mailing address.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughan Armstrong View Post
    I have a number of these locks, of various sorts. I also have earlier documentation on them This is not in electronic format, and I don't have scanning capability. I'll share with whoever is interested, but I'll need a postal mailing address.
    beautiful men on this forum !

Thread Information