Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I took the lock out today...nothing under the "1WG 8" . It appears to me that someone cut part of the lock's edge for some reason. This one protrudes much further then the other lock on my other cabinet that I know was made by same company.

Just bringing this back to the top. It appears to me that the locks on my two cabinets were made specifically for the cabinets as there's a mounting plate that's acutally formed into the door.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2316.JPG 
Views:	12 
Size:	124.4 KB 
ID:	14804

Quote Originally Posted by PBcrackers View Post
    Just bringing this back to the top. It appears to me that the locks on my two cabinets were made specifically for the cabinets as there's a mounting plate that's acutally formed into the door.
    I agree with that, the original lock would likely have had a "nose" flush with or perhaps only slightly protruding from from the face of the door. May well have been custom made, in terms of "thickness of material"; for your application.

Pete Schifferli

Quote Originally Posted by Pschiffe View Post
    I agree with that, the original lock would likely have had a "nose" flush with or perhaps only slightly protruding from from the face of the door. May well have been custom made, in terms of "thickness of material"; for your application.

Pete Schifferli
    Thank you for the reply. Sorry for the late response.

Thread Information