Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Thread: Keil keys

Default Keil keys

I am looking for information on crossover from Keil to Ilco,Curtis,Taylor Star, Dominon, etc. I am a locksmith with pit stop pop a lok here in McAlester ok. We have bought out 4 locksmiths in the last few years and have a growing collection of Keill keys. Currently around 48+ different blanks and 350+ keys. All are still usable. Customers like to have original keys for restorition, but we need to know the crossover to their original locks. I have contacted Ilco but they have no records and have tried the Internet but still no help. Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitstopdean View Post
    I am looking for information on crossover from Keil to Ilco,Curtis,Taylor Star, Dominon, etc. I am a locksmith with pit stop pop a lok here in McAlester ok. We have bought out 4 locksmiths in the last few years and have a growing collection of Keill keys. Currently around 48+ different blanks and 350+ keys. All are still usable. Customers like to have original keys for restorition, but we need to know the crossover to their original locks. I have contacted Ilco but they have no records and have tried the Internet but still no help. Any information will be greatly appreciated.
    Consider Blackhawk Products KBX. Database of over 85,000 key blanks (including over 4600 pictures) is available by subscription for only $20 per year, more info here:
    http://lockcodes.com/

Pete Schifferli

That is a great value - definitely going to subscribe!

Roger has one of the best programs on the market.

Thread Information