Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Thread: W-Lok

Default W-Lok

Whilst sorting which of our early locks to exhibit at the forthcoming MLA EXPO in Telford, I came across this prototype evaluation padlock from 1999. I know one or two members of this forum also received examples. I wonder did anything come of it - did it make it into production?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1033.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	81.6 KB 
ID:	14237

The company did bring these locks into production, see for example http://www.wlokcorp.com/catalog/lock1.pdf

I have a model SK-977524 which was for a time allowed for use by the US military as a "General Field Service Padlock" (GFSP), see http://www.navfac.navy.mil/navfac_wo...ePadlocks.html

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Morland View Post
    Whilst sorting which of our early locks to exhibit at the forthcoming MLA EXPO in Telford, I came across this prototype evaluation padlock from 1999. I know one or two members of this forum also received examples. I wonder did anything come of it - did it make it into production?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1033.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	81.6 KB 
ID:	14237
    A Canadian company very much in business a few years ago that had an extensive line of padlocks and other locks available all of stainless steel per your sample. They exhibited at the ALOA convention a few years back. Look for w-lok or wlok on Google for a long list of links and pictures.
    BBE.

Thread Information