Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Eagle Lock Terryville of Ohio

Can any one tell me what year Eagle Lock Terryville CT opened and closed their shop in Ohio? I have H. Gerstner & Sons machinist tool box made in Dayton Ohio I am trying to date. The key is from Eagle Lock Co. with the numbers A50M5 which is the box number.
    Last edited by Gracie; 26-07-15 at 01:54 PM.

The company existed from 1854 to 1976. If you post some pictures of the lock and key, somebody might be able to pin down that particular product to a smaller timeframe.

Quote Originally Posted by Gracie View Post
    Can any one tell me what year Eagle Lock Terryville CT opened and closed their shop in Ohio? I have H. Gerstner & Sons machinist tool box made in Dayton Ohio I am trying to date. The key is from Eagle Lock Co. with the numbers A50M5 which is the box number.
    The Eagle Lock Co. was formed in 1854 and closed in June, 1975. They were located in Terryville, CT that entire time and to my knowledge they never had a shop in Ohio. You might send an image of your tool box to Gerstner & Sons at the link, they have been in business since 1906. They may also be able to tell you the years that they used the Eagle A50M1 thru A50M48 key series.
    http://www.gerstnerusa.com/

Pete Schifferli

Thread Information