Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Help with these locks

Hello everyone. I found these old locks and have searched on the web but can't seem to find what they are. Any help will be appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20150714_105506.jpg   20150714_101326.jpg  

Default re: Help with these locks

I just saw your post and thought I should add these pictures of the back of the helmet lock and the key holes for both
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Back of Helmet lock.jpg   helmet lock keyhole.jpeg   S lock keyhole.jpeg  

Default Help with these locks

This padlock could be Slaymaker Padlock because of the "S" on face of lock. If you can post picture of keyway make help a little. The second padlock have no idea but I notice it has key attach to it if can post the picture of the key......Timothy.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20150714_105506.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    This padlock could be Slaymaker Padlock because of the "S" on face of lock. If you can post picture of keyway make help a little. The second padlock have no idea but I notice it has key attach to it if can post the picture of the key......Timothy.....
    Thanks Timothy. Another guy sent me a PM and suggests the first one is a Fraim-Slaymaker, which makes sense since there is an F-S on the hasp.

I have an identical lock that I had thought was made by Belknap but am now thinking it must have been made by Slaymaker at some time. I started looking when I saw YakimaJims post. Here is a picture of mine, no S or F-S on it anywhere though.
    I found this at LancasterHistory.org

Fraim-Slaymaker Lock Company

1888 - 1929, Locksmiths
    The company originally known as Slaymaker, Barry Lock Company was merged with the Fraim Lock Company around 1925. Many of their locks are engraved with the letters F-S, denoting a Far Superior Padlock. The company ceased operations in 1929.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Belknap bottom.JPG   Belknap front.JPG  

Quote Originally Posted by bbcci View Post
    Fraim-Slaymaker Lock Company
    1888 - 1929, Locksmiths
    The company originally known as Slaymaker, Barry Lock Company was merged with the Fraim Lock Company around 1925. Many of their locks are engraved with the letters F-S, denoting a Far Superior Padlock. The company ceased operations in 1929.
    The Slaymaker Lock Co. closed in 1988, E.T. Fraim Lock Co. was sold to Safe Lock & Hardware Co. in 1955.*

*from Locks and Lockmakers of America, Rev. 3rd. Ed.,pg. 76, by the late Thomas F. Hennessy.

Pete Schifferli

Thread Information