Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default George price escutcheon wanted ....please help

HI all. I've just acquired a George price Treble patent safe plaque that needs an escutcheon and wondered if anybody had a spare I could buy? I had what I thought was a spare that would fit but once again I was totally wrong! I have added pics to assist in identification and avoid myself confusing anybody else. The plaque I need it for and the type. It has two screw holes that fasten it to the plaque from the rear so all in all it has two holes for fixing to the safe and another two smaller on the rear . If any body could help I would be eternally grateful Respect?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1436613144716.jpg   1436613172496.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Warren63 View Post
    HI all. I've just acquired a George price Treble patent safe plaque that needs an escutcheon and wondered if anybody had a spare I could buy? I had what I thought was a spare that would fit but once again I was totally wrong! I have added pics to assist in identification and avoid myself confusing anybody else. The plaque I need it for and the type. It has two screw holes that fasten it to the plaque from the rear so all in all it has two holes for fixing to the safe and another two smaller on the rear . If any body could help I would be eternally grateful Respect?
    I've managed to file down the spare escutcheon I had sitting around and although it's not original it looks quite nice. It does not have the fixing screw holes on the rear so I'll have to glue or temporarily blue tac it in place so if anyone does come across an original for this plaque I would still be interested in buying. Thanks again people.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  

Default GP Escutcheon

Hi,

I have a large box of plates etc at home. I'll have me a looksee for you. This particular is quite a rare escutcheon.

Regards
    Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Warren63 View Post
    I've managed to file down the spare escutcheon I had sitting around and although it's not original it looks quite nice. It does not have the fixing screw holes on the rear so I'll have to glue or temporarily blue tac it in place so if anyone does come across an original for this plaque I would still be interested in buying. Thanks again people.

Much appreciated Russell. I don't know where it came from but I bought a few plates together and it came taped to a Hobbs plate but it didn't fit on any of them. I think it possibly comes off a similar plaque as I only had to take 0.5mm off for it to fit snugly..... unless it didn't come off a plaque and fastened straight to the safe door.

Thread Information