Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Door Knob Spare Key Box...

I has this for a while. The only thing was wrong with it the Tubular Lock was damage. I did have to destroy it and got lucky that I found another Tubular Lock just like it. I have not see any of these around and doesn't have any name on it. Your guess is just better than my....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails a23a.jpg   a24a.jpg   a25a.jpg   a26a.jpg   a27a.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    I has this for a while. The only thing was wrong with it the Tubular Lock was damage. I did have to destroy it and got lucky that I found another Tubular Lock just like it. I have not see any of these around and doesn't have any name on it. Your guess is just better than my....
    Looks like a unique item, I've never seen one and it doesn't resemble any of the many spare key boxes I am aware of that are on the market today.

Pete Schifferli

Default Door Knob Spare Key Box...

Well do know had been around for a long time as I was thinking maybe in or around the 1900 went the first Tubular Cam came out. I believe they was use in and around about 1940 and up....Timothy.....

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    Well do know had been around for a long time as I was thinking maybe in or around the 1900 went the first Tubular Cam came out. I believe they was use in and around about 1940 and up....Timothy.....
    The Chicago Ace lock was introduced in 1933.*

From Locks and Lockmakers of America, 3rd Edition, Pg. 78 by the late Thomas F. Hennessy, Sr.

Pete Schifferli

Thread Information