Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default RIP Thomas F. Hennessy, Sr.

A pioneer of the lock industry and co-founder of the Lock Museum of America passed away yesterday, June 25, 2015. Tom Hennessy was 88, please see obituary at the link. The museum is staffed by volunteers and contributions are much-appreciated.
    http://www.obitsforlife.com/obituary...ssy-Thomas.php

Pete Schifferli
    Charter & Life Member

Donations can also be made here: http://www.gofundme.com/xujujb3:

I am really sad to hear that such a great man passed away.

Adrian

Very sorry to hear of Tom's passing.

New member here and I just saw this. Sad news. I met Tom several times and had some great conversations with him. Last visit to the LMoA I met his son Tom. This was quite a few years ago as I have not been to Terryville for quite some time. It was my annual trek there, My name is Terry and my favorite two hobbies in Terryville was Volkswagens (very large VW show there annually) and locks.

My first visit I showed up early and the museum was not open for the day yet. I helped a guy there that was ready to carry a television across the parking lot. Carried it in and he gave me a personal tour of the entire museum as it was at that time. I had already owned a small library of antique lock books and in the for sale display case I saw a hard cover copy of one one the books. I purchased the book and than he opened it up and autographed it. Well up to that time I didn't realize it was Tom himself. For several years after I always made my Terry Terryville days one of my annual highlights.

Again sad to hear. He was so knowledgable and interesting, an asset to our lock community.

Terry

Thread Information