Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Thread: Vaughan Key

Default Vaughan Key

Does anyone know about Vaughan key blank..??.. Only if they have Catalog on these blank. The blank you looking at from Corbin lock...Timothy.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails United States Navy all brass Corbin padlock ($15.00) 8.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    Does anyone know about Vaughan key blank..??.. Only if they have Catalog on these blank. The blank you looking at from Corbin lock...Timothy.....
    I don't think "Vaughan" is the maker, likely the stamp of a locksmith who duplicated the key. Probably Corbin Cabinet Lock Co. (now CCL Security Products) 8688C-CL, this is a 7-pin blank, crosses to Ilco X1000FR, see thumbnail. 6-pin version is CCL 8687C-CL or Ilco 1000FR.

Pete Schifferli
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IlcoX1000FR.jpg  

Default Vaughan Key

Thank Pete...It may work but not the key I'm looking for. As I do know they has company in Willenhall in early 1900s by H&T Vaughan and Josiah Parkes & Sons. Not sure if they do use there name on key or not. This is why asking about Vaughan key. I was looking in E-Bay other day for this Corbin padlock almost the same way of the padlock I has before as one side of the blank is smooth. Was thinking maybe someone in England may have information about this blank. Here picture of what the keyway look like.....Timothy....NO! I has not buy this padlock....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails United States Navy all brass Corbin padlock ($15.00) 4.jpg   United States Navy all brass Corbin padlock ($15.00) 3.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    Thank Pete...It may work but not the key I'm looking for. As I do know they has company in Willenhall in early 1900s by H&T Vaughan and Josiah Parkes & Sons. Not sure if they do use there name on key or not. This is why asking about Vaughan key. I was looking in E-Bay other day for this Corbin padlock almost the same way of the padlock I has before as one side of the blank is smooth. Was thinking maybe someone in England may have information about this blank. Here picture of what the keyway look like.....Timothy....NO! I has not buy this padlock....
    Original keys for H&T V locks were marked H&T. V. IIRC the company was later purchased by Yale. There was a US company that had their keys marked with a large V but I think it was Vassar and not Vaughan. They were often confused for the Ilco Victory keys. I may have examples of all of those but it will take an awful lot of looking to find them.
    BBE.

Hi Timothy, the only H&TV keys i know of all had proper sections to the blank like this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	104.8 KB 
ID:	14031 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	139.9 KB 
ID:	14032
    Ive never encountered or seen anything H&TV in Britain with the basic blank profile section you pictured with the Corbin padlock, but here's a bit more info on the company in this link to the Jim Evans lock maker's gazetteer site:
    http://www.historywebsite.co.uk/Muse...tteer/gazv.htm

Default Vaughan Key

Thank to all...The only thing could think of as what Pete said that could be a Locksmith duplicated the key and stamp Vaughan as maybe was from Canada locksmith..."?"....That a nice key there you got Max. As you have any idea of went that key was made..??....Timothy.....

Quote Originally Posted by BBE View Post
    Original keys for H&T V locks were marked H&T. V. IIRC the company was later purchased by Yale. There was a US company that had their keys marked with a large V but I think it was Vassar and not Vaughan. They were often confused for the Ilco Victory keys. I may have examples of all of those but it will take an awful lot of looking to find them.
    BBE.
    See thumbnail for an image of an old Vassar Locks pin tumbler key. I see these in the 1910 catalog of Reading Hardware Mfg. Co. and this may have been their marque. Perhaps there was a "V" on the reverse side? They were in business from 1852-1940.

Pete Schifferli
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VassarLocksKey.jpg  

Default Reading Vassar locks

Quote Originally Posted by Pschiffe View Post
    See thumbnail for an image of an old Vassar Locks pin tumbler key. I see these in the 1910 catalog of Reading Hardware Mfg. Co. and this may have been their marque. Perhaps there was a "V" on the reverse side? They were in business from 1852-1940.

Pete Schifferli
    I've seen these Vassar keys as well--if I recall correctly, the other side has the keystone RHCo logo (not the later round circle with RHCo). I have one of the Vassar lock cylinders, they have no logo on the face & serrated pins like very old Sargent or Yale. I believe Reading Vassar was sold around the same time as Corbin Harvard.

Thread Information