Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default JHW Climax padlock with W.F. Co. markings

I have a JHW Climax padlock. It has two working keys, each with eight tumbler notches. The key needs to be turned 180 degrees to unlock it. Then the clasp will remove completely. The body of the lock is approx. 1.5 inches thick and just over two inches tall, not including the clasp. I have no idea what year this lock could be. One side of the clasp has JHW Climax Newark NJ USA and the other side has W F Co. Does anyone have any idea what I have?

Here are a few photos
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 06102131.jpg   06102132.jpg   06102133a.jpg   06102134.jpg   06102135.jpg  

06102136.jpg  

There are some information on this forum about JHW Climax Padlock. JHW Climax start in New York as about 1837 and could has move to NJ in about 1900. Your padlock was about the year in 1900. As wonder of what does W.F. Co. could be the Wells Fargo Co. I'm sure there may be other come up with something more of what I said...Timothy.....

Not Wells Fargo, which is always marked W F & Co, or WF & Co Ex.. If you are from the Mid-west. there was a Wiggins Ferry Co at St Louis, kind of a sizeable concern. Or maybe a "freight" company? Or maybe a person's initials.

Thread Information