Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Looking for Yale door lock part

Hi All- I am looking for a replacement (preferably with key) for the Yale deadbolt lock cylinder in the pictures. The threads of the inner portion are stripped; the outer half is fine. Door thickness is 1.75 inches. I can supply any additional info needed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Dave
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN1553.JPG   DSCN1554.JPG   DSCN1555.JPG   DSCN1556.JPG   DSCN1557.JPG  

DSCN1558.JPG   DSCN1559.JPG  

Quote Originally Posted by wdedmonds View Post
    Hi All- I am looking for a replacement (preferably with key) for the Yale deadbolt lock cylinder in the pictures. The threads of the inner portion are stripped; the outer half is fine. Door thickness is 1.75 inches. I can supply any additional info needed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Dave
    Mortise lock cylinders come in numerous lengths which are measured from under the face to the back of the cam, yours is likely 1-1/8"; see thumbnail.
    Once that is determined, you can easily secure a replacement cylinder from any locksmith. Most will also have a mortise cylinder tap and die set with the proper thread (1-5/32"-32) to repair damaged cylinders or lock cases. Genuine Yale mortise cylinders list for about $63.00 but perfectly satisfactory after market versions from suppliers like Ilco list for $12.65 and are available in Yale 8 keyway to match your existing key.

Pete Schifferli
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MortiseCylinderLengthMeasurement.jpg  

Default Thank you

Hi Pete - Thank you very much. I'm on it. Dave

Thread Information