Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default 2 Unusual padlocks, 2 me at least

I moved a couple of years ago and still haven't unpacked all of my locks. I was looking for a particular lock when I found two unusual ones I thought I would post.

The second image is an Eagle marked Eagle Lock Co, Terryville, CT, USA and then INTERLOCKING LEVERS. I have never seen another like it and can't find a patent reference for it either. Have you? Picture below.

The case of the lock is 2".

The other is a Bramah whose case is 1 1/4" wide. A simple deadbolt locks the shackle in place an the key does not have slider cuts. It is a simple warded lock. Any idea for when it was made?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bramah.jpg   All in one.jpg  

hmmm
    the WR would mean king William (1765-1837) however it has a queens crown above it. The stamping seems excessive. TWO royal stamps and FOUR "H's", but no address or serial number.
    biggest elephant in the room is that it is NOT a Bramah mechanism.
    it could have been made by Bramah but the only thing to suggest this, is that someone has stamped Bramah on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gordon View Post
    hmmm
    the WR would mean king William (1765-1837) however it has a queens crown above it. The stamping seems excessive. TWO royal stamps and FOUR "H's", but no address or serial number.
    biggest elephant in the room is that it is NOT a Bramah mechanism.
    it could have been made by Bramah but the only thing to suggest this, is that someone has stamped Bramah on it.
    Thanks Tom. I wish I'd had it with me a few years back in Manchester when I met Jeremy for the first time.
    BBE.

Quote Originally Posted by BBE View Post
    Thanks Tom. I wish I'd had it with me a few years back in Manchester when I met Jeremy for the first time.
    BBE.
    The interlocking levers padlock is certainly something a bit different with its unusual key bits, although as to the interlocking levers, how they operate inside and any benefits of them seems optimistic on something of that quality.

I think I could pretty much predict Jeremy's reaction, If you'd had the other lock with you when you met him BBE. I've seen and had far more convincing 'Bramah' locks which have turned out to be post patent copies. I'm with Tom on that one as its multiple markings and total lack of an address, and no Bramah mechanism or slotted key to operate it makes it total suspect- 99.9% against I'm sorry to say.

Thread Information