Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Not much happening here Maik, all my workspace and machines are blocked for storage, everything from BMX's to rolls of carpet and outboard motors- can't get past the door. You'll have to do extra time on yours and keep us all updated :)

Haha, okay Huw, I will do my best :)

Cheers

Default Houston in the blind!

Hey guys!

I know it has been about three years now since my last message, but here I am again :)

To your surprise I can tell you that I have sold my door to a vault door guy in my country and I used the money for our move to a new place where I got my new job as an editor for school physics literature. I am very thankful for this and now I have a much bigger work shop and we now live in a very small village, just as we dreamed of :) My machine ensemble grew a bit as well.

So what now? Well, as you might have guessed, I am working on a new door, where all the mistakes and errors I made on the former one are corrected and design flaws are eliminated. The CFR door will again work as a guide model. This time I will focus much more on the technical aspects such as the RCV and the whole locking mechanism. I want to have a quite more detailed model this time.

Currently there is some 316 Steel on the way for smaller parts, such as pressure bar pieces and stuff.
    There are other pieces I wanna make out of 316 but most of the door will rather be C45 (that is a mild tool steel) or even cast steel.

This will be a long process of building and constructing the door and I will learn very much again. I want to share this process with you from the beginning this time and I hope it will be interesting :)

So I hope to hear from you guys and I will keep you updated.

Cheers from Germany

Maik

Thread Information