Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Brilliant stuff Maik well worth the wait!

Glad your other half appreciates it on show in your flat- all my 'big' projects have always ended up rusting out in the workshop!
    Next time you're in your local bank, you can say "mines better than yours!"

Hey my friend :)

Thanks!

Oh im sorry that your projects have to stay in the workshop. Maybe you should have an extra room in your house/flat to put your great works on display! Then everybody would be happy :) And hey, i am still really eager to see some pics of your other works

Oh and i forgot to show some pics of the dials a friend of mine engraved for the remote combination viewer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SANY0401.JPG   SANY0400.JPG  

Maik, the main problems the weight and size, too much hassle to move from house to workshop and then back to house again every time it's worked on. My old workshop was nearly 10 times the size of current one, but was even worse for humidity and condensation. Had a de-humidifier going 24/7 but it could only do so much and many projects, tools and machinery suffered badly over time.

The big rectangular 'treasury' door (started about 1985 I think) was actually so bad I eventually salvaged lock and parts and 'scrapped' it. Learned a big lesson from that but even so my current 1/6 scale steam locomotive (started 2004) is also showing signs of corrosion on many of the steels in my current shed. One of the disadvantages of living on the coast and the salt air I suppose.

Im still stuck for a solution to thousands of pics stuck on USB memory sticks with no PC or laptop, and a house now full of IPhones and iPads!

Also, I'm from a time before digital cameras when a really good clear photo meant having some photography skills with a manual SLR camera, and faffing around for ages to get the settings right, so sadly things rarely worked out that good back then!

The more recent projects I have on USB stick so if I can find a way to access and transfer I could then send you pics of the other stuff

Oh okay i see your problem... I couldnt imagine that it was so complicated

Well take your time :) I will be around for a long time you know ;)

I'm sure there's a way around it, I always ask my two teenagers for answers to anything tech, but they both stopped using Windows stuff years ago, way before me, so even my 'in house techies' couldn't help :-(
    I'm not the sharpest tool in the toolpost when it comes to computers and inter-compatibility of files and systems etc

When you say "other works", if it's the big loco you want to see I can take pics with the iPad and PM them to you

yes, that would be totally cool!

Default Cool door

Hi Maik,
    such a cool project. Any chance that I can see the door real life ?
    I am up in Hamburg. tresoroeffnung.de
    I invite you anytime to see my safe lock collection.
    Greetings
    Oli

Hey Oli,

thanks for your kind words!

Of course you can visit me to see my door :) I live in Leipzig. You have a pretty cool website
    And the safe lock collection sounds really interesting!

Did you ever have to open a vault door with a remote combination viewer? Or what was your biggest opening job??

Greetings

Maik

Hey guys :)

Since you liked my project soo much, i decided to actually make a youtube channel about it :)

Here you find it:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqy...Rn_hcpi5fZ8m3Q

There are no videos yet, but in a few weeks there will be :)

And I will update here in the forum!

Best regards

Maik

Quote Originally Posted by MaxVaultage View Post
    I'm sure there's a way around it, I always ask my two teenagers for answers to anything tech, but they both stopped using Windows stuff years ago, way before me, so even my 'in house techies' couldn't help :-(
    I'm not the sharpest tool in the toolpost when it comes to computers and inter-compatibility of files and systems etc

When you say "other works", if it's the big loco you want to see I can take pics with the iPad and PM them to you
    Take your USB sticks to the library, sign up online for a free Dropbox' and then use the library public computers to upload the contents to your dropbox. From there you can share your pictures to this site or any individual or even push them to a photo site where others can visit and view.
    BBE.

Thread Information