Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RiemannHypothesis View Post
    Well, there is still much work to do; the inner door frame is still missing, but raw material is already bought and the whole locking system is under construction.
    Is the inner ring large enough to fit a time lock?

Hey VaultDoors :)

Ah, you mean the inner door ring? It is about 100mm in diameter, so there is enough space to put a single time lock in it, and i have been thinking about that recently. But i couldnt figure out the mechanics yet.

Best regards

Maik

Hey guys :)

A little update from the RCV :) I mounted the hand wheel (the handles are still missing) and i machined the socket for the pressure bar! I clamped the whole thing to the frame again, to see how it looks :)

Have fun :)

Maik
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0867.JPG   IMG_0868.JPG   IMG_0869.JPG   IMG_0871.JPG   IMG_0872.JPG  

Just wanted to give you a little update:

I pause the RCV for some days now, because the big work is done and the fine work has to wait until the mechanics inside the frame is done. After that i can continue building the RCV.

The next step now is the pressure bar. It will be a single one with a 32mm shaft (around 3/2 inch) and with 60mm (around 17/8 inch) excenters on both ends. Luckily i found a nice worm gear for the job and with that it will become a really nice looking, massive pressure bar system that will be fit perfectly into the design. The worm gear allows to actually get some momentum on the pressure bar and because of its blocking properties, the bar will remain in the desired position. Also because of the nice brass worm wheel and the polished steel worm it will look quite nice :)

After this i will continue with the fine mechanics stuff.

Keep it real!

Maik

Default Update :)

I will continue my project in July and now all the plans and prints are done, i will get the two 40mm steel plates under the plasma cutter and i semi finished the pressure bar and the worm gear housing. Yesterday i made a colored scetch from the finished vault door. Here it is :)

PS: The door will be 4cm thicker (that means 16cm (about 7inches) all together).

Best regards

Maik
    Attached Files Attached Files

Today i got my plasma cut steel parts. So the project can move on :) Here you have some pictures from the machined parts i made in the last months and you have the inner ring structure where the bolts will be hidden when the door is finished.

Best regards

Maik
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0892.JPG   IMG_0893.JPG   IMG_0894.JPG  

Default Remote combination viewer finished!

After some time i finally finished the remote combination viewer of my vault door :) Here are some pictures:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SANY0194.JPG   SANY0195.JPG   SANY0196.JPG   SANY0197.JPG   SANY0198.JPG  

It looks great Nice and chunky but also has some nice radii and curves. Looks mega heavy- I can only imagine the total weight of it all now, the RCV must have added a fair bit, but just looking at the size and thickness of the inner ring...great work

Heyyy!

Thanks man! Yea the total weight is 25kg, and together with the parts behind the doorframe it will be about 40kg :)

I will post pictures of the inner parts soon!

Best regards

Maik

Default Update :)

Hey folks

The last months were really full of work on my vault door and last Saturday i managed to finally get it up into our flat It is still a lot of work to do on it, the door doesnt close yet and the anchor points are not finished. Also the bolt work is still not finished and the remote combination viewer needs a lot of work too :D

BUT, it is still nice to look at it, so here are some pictures :)

Best regards

Maik
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SANY0457.JPG   SANY0460.JPG   SANY0462.JPG   SANY0463.JPG   SANY0465.JPG  

Thread Information