Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Unusual 2-tiered Bramah Mordan type key with 19 slots and solid pin

Nice job Max. Wish I could try to make one of those. Yeah I know that a lot of hard work to do that, than the key I make...Timothy....

Thanks very much to all for your comments!

Mercury- I'm not sure how long it took exactly, but probably a few longish days work in total. Since it's only a display/exhibition key with random depths and spacings on the slots, it was a lot quicker than making one that has to precisely fit the dimensions/tolerances of a working lock.

Warren- always honest me mate!

Doug- at least now if I decide to make the lock to match I can make the sliders to suit the slots on the key and not the other way around!

Adrian- thanks mate and glad to see you're back with us again- long time no see..

Timothy- thanks mate, this keys probably no harder to make than the blanks you're hand filing and impressioning, it's just different because of the machine work- Bramahs locks and keys are a bit more 'engineered' than most just because of their design, but this wasn't difficult, it was just down to time really

thanks again guys

Exquisite! As a collector of Bramah keys I'd love to have this in my collection. Lovely work Huw.

Quote Originally Posted by DJStambo View Post
    Exquisite! As a collector of Bramah keys I'd love to have this in my collection. Lovely work Huw.
    Cheers!

Thread Information