Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default wanted ruko padlocks and cylinders

Looking for anything ruko, especially older padlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by nickmannnxx View Post
    Looking for anything ruko, especially older padlocks.
    That's a new one on me, however an Internet search revealed that they are now apparently yet another ASSA ABLOY Company based in Denmark, don't know if much of their product has made it to this side of the pond, see link:
    http://www.ruko.com/en/site/rukocom/about-ruko/

Pete Schifferli

At a guess I'd say their biggest market would be continental Europe and especially Scandinavia. We used to see the odd few here in the UK, usually the large Scandinavian oval profiles, but that sector was pretty much dominated by Assa back then. The Rukos we saw were always nice precision cylinders though.

Shame this request wasn't a couple of years back, could probably have found a small box full before they went for scrap. Back then we just didn't think there'd be any outside interest in stuff like that for picking

Scrap?!?!? Noooooooooooo! Thats a shame, kinda makes me sad. Im also looking for assa padlocks and cylinders too. Just not with guite the same enthusiasm. Heck even high security French, and Italian locks. The older the better.

I recently bought Graham Pulfords book, "High-Security Mechannical Locks, An Encyclopedic Reference". It has become more or less become a shopping list. I dont see many old ruko padlocks around, but I have a Ruko 2 and I love it so much that Im looking for everything I can find now.

-Nick-

Always wiser with hindsight, it was the same with all the euro grade double-bitted safe locks like Mauer, Wittkopp, Cawi, Stuv etc. We'd end up with box fulls of used locks with just a single key from doing lock changes. Most are either pressed steel cases or die-cast, and don't even have any brass components to recycle. Little did I think there'd be sport pickers starting bidding wars on eBay to buy them..

have to to be honest I don't think I've ever seen a Ruko padlock, but I'm sure they must pop up every so often. Good luck with your collecting and hunting

Heres a picture of the ruko 2 I have. Its reasonably new, thought I would show you since you havent seen one.
    256e3ac 1

Quote Originally Posted by nickmannnxx View Post
    Heres a picture of the ruko 2 I have. Its reasonably new, thought I would show you since you havent seen one.

That is one of the newer Assa Abloy brand Ruko padlock.

The older Ruko padlocks before owned by Assa Abloy were like this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XYoAUeP.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	115.0 KB 
ID:	13638

Yes, that would be an example of what Im looking for riyame. Are you planning on selling that padlock?

Unfortunately it is not mine. I just knew what you were talking about and found an image of one.

Ah, I remember both of those those now. Might have only seen the later one marked as an Assa, but can remember the style and seeing the odd few. The early brass Rukos very distinctive, I think Abloy also did an early version with a similar shaped case.

Thread Information