Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Hello from the Thousand Islands Canada

HI Everyone:
    Just a quick post to introduce myself and give you some background on myself.

I've been dropping in every once in a while while researching some of the locks I've collected over the last year or so (Yes I'm quite new to the hobby) and decided it's about time to register. As mentioned I'm new to the lock collecting hobby but over the last year i've managed to acquire about 120+ padlocks of mixed age and pedigree most of them of a common sort but I'm hoping to refine my collection with some quality antiques. I also have mortise and rim cylinders, KiK cylinders, various cabinet and postal locks as well as half a dozen or so combination safe locks.

I look forward to conversing with the members here and possibly contribute in some small way to the excellent knowledge base that can be found here at Antique Locks.

Sliante:
    Mike

Hello Mike and welcome. Sounds like you have a varied mixture in your collection, everyone on here likes pictures and will be eager to see what you have. Padlocks often seem one of the most followed and collected of locks, so with 120+ in your collection I'm sure you'll feel at home.

BTW over 120 padlocks in a year sounds like you've got the bug big-time!

Thread Information