Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I just found another one of these switches. This time with a Corbin 5 pin CO-5 blank. High security for a switch.

Quote Originally Posted by fdew View Post
    I just found another one of these switches. This time with a Corbin 5 pin CO-5 blank. High security for a switch.
    CO5 is an aftermarket designation for P & F Corbin 97 which was their default keyway for stock locks from about 1908-1924. Thus it is likely that your switch dates from that era. Not exactly high security, but it is a 5-pin lock.

Pete Schifferli

Quote Originally Posted by Pschiffe View Post
    CO5 is an aftermarket designation for P & F Corbin 97 which was their default keyway for stock locks from about 1908-1924. Thus it is likely that your switch dates from that era. Not exactly high security, but it is a 5-pin lock.

Pete Schifferli
    Thanks for the info. The dates fit with the rest of the switch. I was able to obtain some equally old Corbin blanks to make some more keys. As far as security, above and below the lock are slotted head screws. Remove these two screws and a cover plate they hold, and you are looking at 4 termanels that the lock controls.

it is old, and good quality, so I use it as the main power switch for my portable antique electric fixture desplay. http://www.smokstak.com/forum/showthread.php?t=146167

Default corbin key available is this what your looking for?

i have these keys available

Quote Originally Posted by fdew View Post
    Hi, New kid here. I have a key operated electric switch that I need some info on. Most important I want to get a couple more keys made.

This is a porcelain case switch by H&H probably about 1920 or so. It is fitted with a P&F Corbin cylinder and key. The key is small (about the size of a modern pad lock key). It is cut for 3 pins. It is marked HH61 I would like to find out what blank it is. I am a mechanical designer so I am a bit anal. I have modeled the key in 3D CAD so I can tell any dimensions that would help ID it. also I have pictures of just the key

I collect antique electrical stuff and now that I know about these keyed switches I will be looking for more.

I don't want to ruin my welcome so I will start with just one picture. If anyone would like more, please let me know.

Thanks.Attachment 13279
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg   image.jpeg  

Default Corbin GE75--what does it fit?

Seeing this thread brought to mind that many electric switch locks of the same types are keyed alike. Was the Corbin GE75 key also used for such switches? I have probably 6 or 7 identical small Corbin padlock or cabinet lock keys acquired at very different times and places all numbered GE75. I've always wondered what these were for.

Thread Information