Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Odd P&F Corbin lock and key Key info needed.

Hi, New kid here. I have a key operated electric switch that I need some info on. Most important I want to get a couple more keys made.

This is a porcelain case switch by H&H probably about 1920 or so. It is fitted with a P&F Corbin cylinder and key. The key is small (about the size of a modern pad lock key). It is cut for 3 pins. It is marked HH61 I would like to find out what blank it is. I am a mechanical designer so I am a bit anal. I have modeled the key in 3D CAD so I can tell any dimensions that would help ID it. also I have pictures of just the key

I collect antique electrical stuff and now that I know about these keyed switches I will be looking for more.

I don't want to ruin my welcome so I will start with just one picture. If anyone would like more, please let me know.

Thanks.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lock switch 2.JPG 
Views:	58 
Size:	305.7 KB 
ID:	13279

Lots of people stopping by so I figured I should post a pix of the key.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Corbin Key.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	25.8 KB 
ID:	13280

Quote Originally Posted by fdew View Post
    Lots of people stopping by so I figured I should post a pix of the key.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Corbin Key.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	25.8 KB 
ID:	13280
    I believe that is the old P & F Corbin S1-26-3. CCL Security Products, succesor to Corbin Cabinet Lock Co.; shows the original S1-26-3 blank in their 2014 Product Catalog & Price List, indicating limited quantities available; @ $1.00 ea. MSRP. Duplicates could also be made by shortening an Ilco X1001KC which is a 5-pin blank. Very similar switch locks are still made by Arrow Hart's successor, Cooper Wiring Devices; using pin tumbler locks supplied by CCL.

Pete Schifferli

Thank You very much. It doesn't look like I can buy from CCL but I found some NOS P&F Corbin S1-26-5 blanks on E-bay. I will cut them down and take them to the hardware store to copy my key.

I will certainly be looking for more old and interesting locking switches.

Thank You very much. It doesn't look like I can buy from CCL but I found some NOS P&F Corbin S1-26-5 blanks on E-bay. I will cut them down and take them to the hardware store to copy my key.

I will certainly be looking for more old and interesting locking switches.
    You can cut them down to size, but you will be better served to take them to a locksmith for duplication.
    BBE.

Quote Originally Posted by BBE View Post
    You can cut them down to size, but you will be better served to take them to a locksmith for duplication.
    BBE.
    I would like to do that. Does anyone know a good locksmith in the Rochester NY or finger-lakes area?

Thanks

I would like to do that. Does anyone know a good locksmith in the Rochester NY or finger-lakes area?
    Thanks
    I don't know if you are near Auburn, but Ron (or RJ) Bent is a member of the ClearStar Security Network who are known to be very reliable locksmiths, I don't know him personally; but you might give him a try:
    R.J.'s Lock & Key Svc.
    76 Fitch Ave
    Auburn, NY 13021

tel: 315-252-6455
    I'd have him shorten the blanks as well as this can be done accurately on a duplicating machine.

Pete Schifferli

Advanced Safe & Lock Inc

1459 Lake Ave
    Rochester, NY 14615

Open today

1. 9:00 am – 1:00 pm

Advanced Safe & Lock Inc

1459 Lake AveRochester, NY 14615

DirectionsSave

advancedsafeandlock.com

(585) 254-5140

Another option that I can see the shop from the street view.

Thank You all. Thanks to this forum I found blanks and cut a couple of keys. And I learned a few things.

Frank

I live in Rochester and have used speed locksmith before and had a great experience.

Speed Locksmith
    680 Edgewood Ave

Rochester, NY 14618
    (585) 203-0370
    http://www.rochesterlocksmith.net

Hope this helps!

Thread Information