Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Odd P&F Corbin lock and key Key info needed.

Hi, New kid here. I have a key operated electric switch that I need some info on. Most important I want to get a couple more keys made.

This is a porcelain case switch by H&H probably about 1920 or so. It is fitted with a P&F Corbin cylinder and key. The key is small (about the size of a modern pad lock key). It is cut for 3 pins. It is marked HH61 I would like to find out what blank it is. I am a mechanical designer so I am a bit anal. I have modeled the key in 3D CAD so I can tell any dimensions that would help ID it. also I have pictures of just the key

I collect antique electrical stuff and now that I know about these keyed switches I will be looking for more.

I don't want to ruin my welcome so I will start with just one picture. If anyone would like more, please let me know.

Thanks.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lock switch 2.JPG 
Views:	58 
Size:	305.7 KB 
ID:	13279

Lots of people stopping by so I figured I should post a pix of the key.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Corbin Key.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	25.8 KB 
ID:	13280

Quote Originally Posted by fdew View Post
    Lots of people stopping by so I figured I should post a pix of the key.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Corbin Key.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	25.8 KB 
ID:	13280
    I believe that is the old P & F Corbin S1-26-3. CCL Security Products, succesor to Corbin Cabinet Lock Co.; shows the original S1-26-3 blank in their 2014 Product Catalog & Price List, indicating limited quantities available; @ $1.00 ea. MSRP. Duplicates could also be made by shortening an Ilco X1001KC which is a 5-pin blank. Very similar switch locks are still made by Arrow Hart's successor, Cooper Wiring Devices; using pin tumbler locks supplied by CCL.

Pete Schifferli

Thank You very much. It doesn't look like I can buy from CCL but I found some NOS P&F Corbin S1-26-5 blanks on E-bay. I will cut them down and take them to the hardware store to copy my key.

I will certainly be looking for more old and interesting locking switches.

Thank You very much. It doesn't look like I can buy from CCL but I found some NOS P&F Corbin S1-26-5 blanks on E-bay. I will cut them down and take them to the hardware store to copy my key.

I will certainly be looking for more old and interesting locking switches.
    You can cut them down to size, but you will be better served to take them to a locksmith for duplication.
    BBE.

Quote Originally Posted by BBE View Post
    You can cut them down to size, but you will be better served to take them to a locksmith for duplication.
    BBE.
    I would like to do that. Does anyone know a good locksmith in the Rochester NY or finger-lakes area?

Thanks

Default corbin key available is this what your looking for?

i have these keys available

Hi, New kid here. I have a key operated electric switch that I need some info on. Most important I want to get a couple more keys made.

This is a porcelain case switch by H&H probably about 1920 or so. It is fitted with a P&F Corbin cylinder and key. The key is small (about the size of a modern pad lock key). It is cut for 3 pins. It is marked HH61 I would like to find out what blank it is. I am a mechanical designer so I am a bit anal. I have modeled the key in 3D CAD so I can tell any dimensions that would help ID it. also I have pictures of just the key

I collect antique electrical stuff and now that I know about these keyed switches I will be looking for more.

I don't want to ruin my welcome so I will start with just one picture. If anyone would like more, please let me know.

Thanks.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lock switch 2.JPG 
Views:	58 
Size:	305.7 KB 
ID:	13279
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg   image.jpeg  

Default Corbin GE75--what does it fit?

Seeing this thread brought to mind that many electric switch locks of the same types are keyed alike. Was the Corbin GE75 key also used for such switches? I have probably 6 or 7 identical small Corbin padlock or cabinet lock keys acquired at very different times and places all numbered GE75. I've always wondered what these were for.

Thread Information