Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Mystery floor safe

Hi everyone,

started rewiring my house today and had to go under the floor to get cables in, in the corner of one of the livings rooms I found a big "structure" it was about 2 foot of cement each side and a foot of bricks cemented into the cement, after breaking a hole in the floor of the room I found a small round safe lock, with a handle to pull what I presume to be a tube ? Once the lock is open. There was also a tag with strange writing on it, the houses current wiring is atleast 40 years old, so I'm guessing the safe is atleast that, I tried turning the lock and got no sound or clicks I don't know if that's normal, the only logo on the safe was on the turning "Seargent greenleaf " you will see in the pictures below.

Im presuming there's nothing in the safe and I wish not to use it however I would like to open it just once, just so I can say I did and because it's really interesting! , if anyone could help that would be
    amazing !
    Ryan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  

Thread Information