Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default 1&1/2 inch Square Yale 6 pin padlock identification.

Hello,
    I'm hoping someone will know what lock series this is. I've done some internet
    searches without luck.
    This lock as a really cool lock. It has 6 levers and is tensioned by a 7th notch in
    the key that pushes the bolt assembly. It looks very similar to the model 50 which
    is a 5 lever lock. But the six levers can be seen through the keyway and the key
    shows the markings from 6 levers.
    They can't be picked using shackle tension; they must be tensioned on the internal
    bolt.
    Can anyone enlighten me? Possibly with a catalog picture? I'd really appreciate
    any input you may have.
    Thank you,
    Rick
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20150226_185910.jpg   20150226_185940.jpg   20150226_191317.jpg   20150226_190008.jpg   20150227_032123.jpg  

yale 6 lever key..jpg  

Default Info on Yale combination lock.

Hello,
    I have a Yale combination lock that has a key override.
    My Reeds manual shows where to drill to find the combination
    for the older Yale models but not this one.
    Does anyone know where to drill in this model to determine
    the combination?
    Thanks,
    Rick
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20150227_031352.jpg   20150227_031359.jpg   20150227_031410.jpg  

I'm surprised that You would want to drill a hole into a rare padlock. With the shackle open is there no way of seeing the drop-in
    point, while dialing?

Default 1&1/2 inch Square Yale 6 pin padlock identification.

This is one problem at I also have Reed Code Book as he will always say if you can't pick the lock or impression key just drill it open. As most locksmith have to understand never give up picking and impression just because can't open it real quit. It take time to do it and one way to another can be done. I would never drill or take any antiques padlock apart. Only if is already damage will do so to give me idea of what look inside. As combination padlock like Bill said if open look inside shackle to get number as remember take time to get it...Timothy.....

Thread Information