Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Great to be here

Hi,

I've been collecting locks for a few years now, but more contemporary than antique.

I spent a good portion of my free time picking locks, examining vulnerabilities and tinkering with locks in general. I am a Forum Moderator at keypicking.com and uklocksport.co.uk, as well as an active contributor at lockpicking101.com.

I also attend the annual LockCon event and other locksport events.I split my time between UK and France, but I'm 100% Brit, beef chewin', warm beer type of guy in his 40's, and lovin' every minute of it!

I look forward to playing an active part here at Antique Locks, having fun, sharing, and no doubt, learning a truck load of stuff.

See you around
    Last edited by Huw Eastwood; 08-03-19 at 09:25 AM. Reason: External site links removed

Default Great to be here

Welcome as time has sure change the way all the padlock you have post. It will be lucky if I could keep up with it as I'm still doing all the old way than doing the new way but slowing. One question as I notice you has Yale padlock in The Padlock Collection do you know what the model or series of it. It does look like can be re-key and what is the blank number for it....Timothy....

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    Welcome as time has sure change the way all the padlock you have post. It will be lucky if I could keep up with it as I'm still doing all the old way than doing the new way but slowing. One question as I notice you has Yale padlock in The Padlock Collection do you know what the model or series of it. It does look like can be re-key and what is the blank number for it....Timothy....
    Thanks, Timothy. There are 2 Yale padlocks in that section. The first is a Yale 850, and the second (and older) is a Yale 870. Both are removable cores. They can both be pinned as 5 or 6 pins (5 pins are most common).

5 pin blank = YA-79D (or equivalents)
    6 pin blank = YA-17D (or equivalents)

Default Great to be here

Does that mean still can buy those two padlock..??.. If is does where can buy them as I have not see them here in USA...??...Timothy...

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    Does that mean still can buy those two padlock..??.. If is does where can buy them as I have not see them here in USA...??...Timothy...
    Yes, these models are most definitely still produced by Yale in their Commercial Series of padlocks. Although, I have no idea on availability in the US market.
    Last edited by Huw Eastwood; 08-03-19 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Broken Yale UK link removed

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnybody View Post
    Yes, these models are most definitely still produced by Yale in their Commercial Series of padlocks. Although, I have no idea on availability in the US market.
    On Yale UK: http://www.yale.co.uk/en/yale/couk/P...B/?groupId=933
    It appears that only the 870 is extant in the US market. Note that this model is not designed to be rekeyed but could be disassembled by a locksmith for that purpose if desired.

Pete Schifferli
    Last edited by Huw Eastwood; 08-03-19 at 09:26 AM. Reason: Broken Assa Abloy link removed

Thread Information