Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Looking for Yale OTC 55A Key for Oshkosh Trunk

Hello. Back in 2008, another member was looking for a Yale OTC 55A key for a Yale & Towne lock for an Oshkosh trunk. As it happens, I am now looking for the exact same key. Any assistance that can be offered in pointing me in the right direction to purchase one would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Marc

Quote Originally Posted by MWard View Post
    Hello. Back in 2008, another member was looking for a Yale OTC 55A key for a Yale & Towne lock for an Oshkosh trunk. As it happens, I am now looking for the exact same key. Any assistance that can be offered in pointing me in the right direction to purchase one would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Marc
    You need to find an old time locksmith who has access to the Majestic Trunk Key Book , Vol. 1 (c)1933 where a silhouette of OTC55 (OTC55A) can be found on pg. 50. This cuts on Majestic 507M, Yale TA56558UG, Graham 2640AL, Old Ilco 1060A, Keil 180Z or Y97 Curtis blank all of which are long obsolete. If that locksmith doesn't have one of those old blanks he may be able to source one from a particular supplier of old and unusual keys who only sells to the trade. You might also try an Internet search using "Yale OTC55 trunk key" as there are a few dealers who offer old trunk keys for sale.

Pete Schifferli

Thank you Pete. I have been unsuccessful in locating a replacement key on the internet, but perhaps I will have greater success pursuing the Majestic Truck Key Book angle your suggest. It was also suggested that I hire a locksmith to open the trunk, but our local locksmith would only drill the lock for me, which I do not want to do.

My search continues. Thanks again for the information. Regards.

Marc

BTW Pete... do you happen to know where I might obtain a copy of page 50 of the book? Thanks again.

Marc

BTW Pete... do you happen to know where I might obtain a copy of page 50 of the book? Thanks again.
    Marc
    See pdf attached.

Pete
    Attached Files Attached Files

Pete:

Thank you, thank you, thank you (did I remember to say thank you???). You just saved me hours of legwork. Best regards.

Marc

Default Did you ever find an OTC 55a key??

I was wondering if you ever found an OTC 55a key??

i'm looking for one too.

- Bob

Marc

Thread Information