Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Thread: new to forum

Default new to forum

Hi Guys new to this forum but I do have a interest in old locks it was a excellent article in Locksmith magazine I am a working locksmith /I am amazed at some of the stuff I come across /I would like to share this with you I was asked to attend a straight forward lock out. I believe it was a lost key I quoted a price of £50.00/which is pretty low but I wasn't far from the job but the client wanted a lower price and the job was given to a Polish guy who called himself a locksmith done the job for £20.00 client was going on holiday at 6am the next day see picture this is what he did
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 097.JPG  

WOW!! Like they say, "you get what you pay for". It's too bad that idiots like that are the ones that give ligitimate locksmiths a bad name. I hope you were able to replace the lock and make the customer happy, even if it cost them half again as much. Mark
    Mark A. Billesbach

Default new to forum

yes Mark between paying her paying the guy for doing the botch job then having to call me back in to fix it instead of £50 it cost her £90

Good. It is always good to hear of somebody getting what he/she deserved.

"Buy cheap, buy twice".

Thread Information