Chubby, I'm not sure what you are referring to as a "Detainer", but I would call that lock a lever lock. They are pretty common on older wooden office desks. From looking at the pictures, I'm thinking 3,maybe 4 lever at most. They really aren't super hard to pick, but they do take a fair amount of time and skill. I would venture a guess that these locks are not mastered .
s4drifter, at first glance, I was thinking these were possibly cigar humidors. But another possibility is a box to lock up their guns. I do like the idea of a place for each member to lock up his own bottle,but the drawer from the picture doesn't look that big. Interesting none the less. Back to the locks, there are lock sport groups that live to pick locks, but they are mostly into pin tumbler locks not lever locks, at least on this side of the pond. I think if you look for a locksmith, you are going to have to find an older one who's been in business for a long time to have the experience to pick these open. Good luck in your quest, I wish I lived closer, I'd love to give it a go. Mark