Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Smile Harry C. Miller Collection...Questions?

Have you always wanted to visit the collection, and just couldn't make it happen? Well I just might be able to help you out. Na, I'm not going to fly you there, but this is the next best thing. I will be spending the next week in the building that houses the collection. If you have a particular lock that you would like me to photograph and post...just ask. Don't know if they have a particular lock, well just ask, and I'll try and find it. For those of you who don't know about this collection, it is considered to be one of the best safe and vault lock, time lock, key lock..collections in the world.

So go ahead and ask. It may take a day or so to post, but I'll try to find what you're looking for.

Default safe plaques

If there are any safe plaques take some pics and post them. can never have enough safe plaques. And safe keys and I'll be well pleased with your efforts. Respect .

Default O.K. can do that

There are some safe plaques, not many, but I'll post those.
    There are safe keys as well. From Roman times up through Yale Jr. and today.
    I'll get the photo's on Monday...
    Thanks for the interest. ..

If Barbara is still there please pass on my best regards. I visited about 15 years ago and spent some time re-arranging the contents of some of the UK safe lock cabinet as it was in a muddle.

Paul

Default still there

Paul, Barbara is still there, and as spry as ever.

Well, that explains why that case looks well presented. Several of them are in need of a "correction". There are several locks and time locks placed upside down. Other cases` need their groupings changed. All in good time. I'm hoping some day this collection will be digitized, cataloged, and online.

Because of the case design, it's very labor intensive to make changes, as you know. I'll pass on your kind regards to Barbara.

Default photos coming soon

I haven't forgotten the photos, I'm just having an issue with my equipment. I'll post them as soon as the issue is resolved.

Thread Information