Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Buying Old Bank Vault Door

Hi, I am interested in buying old bank vault doors. The more detailed or intricate the better. Where can I find them or buy them? Like the pics attached.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  

They do show up on eBay from time to time. Try a search for "bank vault" and/or "vault door". However, often the prices they ask are outrageous, especially considering the very great cost to the buyer to uninstall and move one of these doors. If they really want to get rid of a door, they should be paying you to take it off their hands. I wouldn't expect to find and move one of these for less than around $30,000.

If you do a Google search for "vault door for sale" (without the quotes) you might get a few interesting hits.

There is an Apple Bank in New York (2526 Grand Concourse, The Bronx, or maybe it is an Emigrant Bank) that is about to close in less than a month (mid-November 2014 per their web site which I now cannot find). They did list their Diebold doors for sale on eBay but I didn't follow the auctions so I don't know if they sold. Here is one of the images:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bronx 2.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	43.9 KB 
ID:	12521

Finding a vault door is one thing buddy.......its moving it that causes the real headaches & expense

I'm just a little curious about what you will do with one. I know there are folks who collect safes, and I'm certain there are a few who would LIKE to collect vault doors (including me) but generally it's impractical and expensive.

Nevertheless, here are a few on eBay right now (excluding modern ones):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mosler-Vault...item2ed1f26258 (which is one of the doors you posted images of), $8450 for a Mosler door.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/York-1920-19...item1e5e893abc $50,000 for a round York door

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BANK-VAULT-D...item19f5b3b4bc $9,995 for a rectangular York door

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Massive-Mosl...item23437651c6 $50,000 for a round Diebold door

Default Mosler Vault Door

Hello, i have two mosler vault doors. If you would like, i could send you pictures. What is you email address?
    thanks,
    Louie

Over 9 years ago I was offered a lovely bank vault door (know I can say that on here) out of a bank close to Manchester. The building was pending demolition and I had a three week window to remove virtually what I want from the vault area.

My heart was ruling my head, I went on numerous occasions pondering how to get it off its major hinges and outside...... reluctantly after taking proper advice I left it where it was.

The cost of doing it properly ie not risking losing a limb or your life, just spiral out of control.

I just stick to big safes which can be troublesome enough for me !

Lightbulb What to do with this beautiful vault door

Hi all,
    we have a salon we have converted from a bank.
    natwest.
    Inside the salon we have a beautiful vault door and a safe door in another room both with metal gates.
    all still in place.
    I have now thought that we could actually pass these on to somebody who has interest in them or collectors.
    we are based in Lancashire.
    I have been offered a small amount from scrap metal buyers for the doors but to be honest would rather them go to some good use.
    I can send pictures of the safe and vault for people who are interested in purchasing/making an offer.
    if anybody can give me any advice I would appreciate.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kerryoates View Post
    Hi all,
    we have a salon we have converted from a bank.
    natwest.
    Inside the salon we have a beautiful vault door and a safe door in another room both with metal gates.
    all still in place.
    I have now thought that we could actually pass these on to somebody who has interest in them or collectors.
    we are based in Lancashire.
    I have been offered a small amount from scrap metal buyers for the doors but to be honest would rather them go to some good use.
    I can send pictures of the safe and vault for people who are interested in purchasing/making an offer.
    if anybody can give me any advice I would appreciate.

thanks
    posting pictures is always a good start
    Regards
    Tom

Lightbulb pics of the doors

Hi Here are the pics of the doors that may be some interst to somebody.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails door 2.JPG   door 3.JPG   door1.JPG  

Default I have a very old, intricate vault door available. Is anybody interested?

I have have a vault door In a building I purchased. Please let me know if anybody is interested

Quote Originally Posted by K19222 View Post
    Hi, I am interested in buying old bank vault doors. The more detailed or intricate the better. Where can I find them or buy them? Like the pics attached.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg   image.jpeg   image.jpeg   image.jpeg  

Thread Information