Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taken aback

Default Taken aback

I placed an order from a company in UK for Chris Belcher pick set. Sent an email Friday that I would like instructions and maybe a link to dvd to watch it in use. Got an answer today saying they would take care of it Monday. Asked a follow up as I thought they were answering even on off days and to my disdain I found that this is not the thing to do. I got my final message telling me they would not take care of me and to f--k off which really was not nice for one of the largest companies to say. Very poor customer relations in my opinion. I hope other companies are not as rude as I never would have sent messages if I had known this was a no-no.

Just a customer from across the pond who does not know the rules.

Sorry to hear that you got this result.
    I am not sure that there are any demo videos of the product, apart from on youtube, which I presume that you have looked at.
    There is indeed a wide gulf between the speed and enthuisiasm that you will receive from most UK companies when compared with American ones, so from the US standpoint, patience and then more patience is required. Being thought of as pushy will get peoples hackles up in GB, but it is always very hard to understand what is normal and what is pushy in any foreign culture.
    I paid for a new CNC (made in the UK) over a year ago and still dont have it ...but you shouldnt normally have to wait that long.

Default taken aback

Thanks for the reply. Had I known the protocol it would not have happened. What was real bad was the unprofessional language used toward me and it continued when I tried to answer. I have since forgotten about it and am moving on. I did not find any you tube videos specifically for that tool other than Tradlock showing an advertisement. Do you have a link to a specific video.

Quote Originally Posted by radar View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Had I known the protocol it would not have happened. What was real bad was the unprofessional language used toward me and it continued when I tried to answer. I have since forgotten about it and am moving on. I did not find any you tube videos specifically for that tool other than Tradlock showing an advertisement. Do you have a link to a specific video.
    Which exact picks were you interested in -there are many!

I bought the Chris Belcher rcpc pick from them. I do have the written instructions and would like to see the motions used when picking so I don't hurt the wires using too much forc.

I bought the Chris Belcher rcpc pick from them. I do have the written instructions and would like to see the motions used when picking so I don't hurt the wires using too much forc.
    You need to go on the Tradelocks website.
    as you bought it off them there should be no problem applying for a password.

I bought it from another UK company as Tradelocks does not sell outside the UK. The other company will not assist me and I have moved on from them. I did register with Tradelocks but they have not replied probably because of not doing business outside UK. I am pretty sure Tradelocks did have a dvd available to view and I think it was in the download section.

I bought it from another UK company as Tradelocks does not sell outside the UK. The other company will not assist me and I have moved on from them. I did register with Tradelocks but they have not replied probably because of not doing business outside UK. I am pretty sure Tradelocks did have a dvd available to view and I think it was in the download section.
    Walkers?

Unhappy

Yes that was the one. They did send the written instructions but I won't ask them for anything else.

Yes that was the one. They did send the written instructions but I won't ask them for anything else.
    I believe that Chris Belcher is seeing if he has anything that may help you
    regards
    tom

Thread Information