Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default King Lock Company Of Chicago Illinois

Does anyone have any information about King Lock Company. I try to look up in web site nothing there about it....

Timothy, I did a quick Google search and your right, there isn't a lot out there on King Lock Co. I did however find this, hope it helps, Mark http://exwisehe.com/lock_companies.html
    Mark A. Billesbach

Reason asking as I know as some of the patent lock has King Lock Company as the tow patent number I found but I know there are other differ lock....Timothy...
    Attached Files Attached Files

You're right. There's not a lot of information about King Lock Co. Many years ago (before the internet) I attempted some research. This is what I found:
    It appears to have been founded in 1915 - or at least that's when it first appeared in the city directory of Chicago. The address given was "rear 3233 N. Clark." The following year the company moved to 319-325 W. Ohio. The company was listed in the 1917 directory, but not in 1923. (The 1918-1922 directories were missing.) Because King lock was listed as the assignor for two padlock patents of June 13, 1922, I presume the company went out of business some time after this date. There is also a little evidence suggesting that there might be some kind of connection between King Lock Co. and the Chicago Lock Co.

Thank Mark and Scott for information.

Scott
    I was thinking as same thing as just maybe King Lock Co. could be part of Chicage Lock Co. I notice that some of King Lock look just like Chicage Lock as never know for sure...Timothy...

I don't think King Lock Co. was ever part of Chicago Lock, but I think it may have been bought out by them. But, this is conjecture. I have yet to find any hard evidence. As you are aware, there is very little information available about King Lock. Maybe someone in the Chicago area can find out more through local libraries or historical societies.

Scott
    I know there only few thing about it. As I know there was a lot of lock Mfg in 1800 just come and go. As we don't have a lot of information of all the lock mfg company in the 1800 with really will be hard to find. I just was going into some of lock history which will take for ever going on this computer finding all of them. I'm sure like is going to be fun just looking for it to see what is was all about in those year until today....Thank....Timothy...

Thread Information