Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Hi Timothy - I have several keys and lots of the "levers" for these locks so if you don't have success with Bob Dix maybe I can help set up a working key for this lock. I haven't had much success in picking these but if I can disassemble it there is a good chance. Let me know if you think I can help.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ru1vm0hbr...yLock.MP4?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nbzvem04i6...yLock.MP4?dl=0

Default Key made for a 4 Johnson "Cleveland" Farebox??

Grey
    Thank for information. The only reason asking for Bob Dix because I know other having same problem with this lock. Zsem was the one trying to get a key make for his lock. I have not heard word from him. I'm sure we all like to get lot of information on this 4-Way Cleveland lock. Wish I could has one and would be fun to learn about this lock. But the harder part there no key blank for it. Who know maybe somewhere along someone can make a key for it.....Timothy.....

Oops - my bad for getting mixed up on who needed this.

Yeah, there are not too many blanks left in the world. I have one and know of a couple others floating around. There are a lot of used keys out there and what I have done for non-padlock locks is just re-work the lock to match the key that I have. I came across a handful of the little wedges/tumblers so have had something to work with. Still haven't gotten a padlock apart....

On a related note, I have also been able to have replica keys cast for my fare-box vaults. I have several vaults but only one key but now each fare-box can have it's own set of keys. Much better if selling them ever becomes a necessity. I would be willing to loan my blank (see avatar) to anyone who would like to cast up some for us.

Default Key made for a 4 Johnson "Cleveland" Farebox??

I'm having trouble open https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ru1vm0hbr...yLock.MP4?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nbzvem04i6...yLock.MP4?dl=0 don't know why but crazy computer.

It would be need if you can show some picture of your all information you said. I'm sure we all would like to see some of your work.

One of these day just wish I could get these Cleveland key for the padlock and Farebox. So can give me some idea of what I'm look at. Who know maybe see if I can make one or find someone that work in machine shop. It doesn't look easy to do it......Timothy......

Quote Originally Posted by GregWhitney View Post
    Oops - my bad for getting mixed up on who needed this.

Yeah, there are not too many blanks left in the world. I have one and know of a couple others floating around. There are a lot of used keys out there and what I have done for non-padlock locks is just re-work the lock to match the key that I have. I came across a handful of the little wedges/tumblers so have had something to work with. Still haven't gotten a padlock apart....

On a related note, I have also been able to have replica keys cast for my fare-box vaults. I have several vaults but only one key but now each fare-box can have it's own set of keys. Much better if selling them ever becomes a necessity. I would be willing to loan my blank (see avatar) to anyone who would like to cast up some for us.
    Just as a point of interest there are two different types of banks. One is a cross + shape where one leg of the cross is thicker than the other three. The other is more of an X shape with one leg thicker.
    BBE.

Thread Information