Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Post Halls Safe & Lock

Looking to sell Halls Safe & Lock Serial #19272. Very good condition 40"x36"x21" on wheels. Weight is approx 2-3,000lbs. Double door each with its own combination lock. We have combinations and they work. Buyers responsibility to move. Located in Kansas. $3,000 OBO Has been in the family and used for years.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails safe1.jpg   safe2.jpg  

That looks to be an original Halls Safe and Lock Co. safe. Nice find!

I've read that some of these safes used the Hall/Victor combination lock, some of them having 12 wheels.

Would you mind posting a picture of the combination lock with the cover removed?

DH

Default Halls Double Door Safe

Sorry for the delay in response. We thought it was sold, then they buyer backed out. I did get my dad to come down in price to sell as at some point the safe was painted over. It is still a well working safe. It is an original and belonged to a family member before they went into a retirement home. He actually had 3. One he used at home and two at two store locations he had. This is the one from home. What cover are you referring to as I don't want to damage it?
    Thanks,
    Erica

The lock covers are referenced by the red arrows. If you remove one of the covers, we might be able to view the combination lock mechanism.

Thank you!

DH
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 22.jpg  

Thread Information