Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Hobbs Hart and Co

Hi, I've always admired this safe plaque and along with the cast brass version I've missed out on the few I have seen on eBay. I wondered if anybody knows if this is how they were painted and applied to Hobbs safes or has this plaque just been painted by whoever owned it for decorative purpose? I've came across a few of the different Tann plaques painted in various designs that were not original to the safes they were from and wondered if this was the case with this Hobbs Hart and Co plaque?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sp003.jpeg  

Quote Originally Posted by Warren63 View Post
    Hi, I've always admired this safe plaque and along with the cast brass version I've missed out on the few I have seen on eBay. I wondered if anybody knows if this is how they were painted and applied to Hobbs safes or has this plaque just been painted by whoever owned it for decorative purpose? I've came across a few of the different Tann plaques painted in various designs that were not originato the safes they were from and wondered if this was the case with this Hobbs Hart and Co plaque?
    Hi, I asked this question quite a while ago and unfortunately I never found out an answer so I thought I would throw it in the mix once again to see if anyone could enlighten me? Thanks.

Thread Information