Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Exclamation Bramah - Australia & New Zealand.

Just an update, I used to do a fair chunk of antique lock work for many members of this site.

I am now the Bramah agent for Australia & New Zealand.

As such I can supply new locks and keys and once again cut keys & repairs for antique bramah locks.

http://www.bramah.com.au

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bramah_logo.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	17.9 KB 
ID:	12296

Default Nice

Hi, oldlock, I love the Bramah lock and key on the first page of your link. I have seen a two tiered whitfield key the same or very similar before and I didn't realise it originated from Bramah.I actually presumed it was for a Cotterill or Mappins lock. That made me look into it and I then read that during the first and second world wars Bramah was providing Whitfields with a Milner type lever lock. This then made me wonder why Bramah would be supplying what they thought was an inferior lever lock, as opposed to their fantastic all singing and dancing famous Bramah lock. Have you or anyone else any ideas to enlighten me of this? Congrats on your Australian/New Zealand Bramahship. Also, can I have the fantastic two tiered key off the first page of your link for my collection Thanks.

Lever locks I cannot comment on. There are definitely Bramah locks made to the whitfield / mappins 'footprint' as I've handled a few of them.

There is a very long queue of people who would love to own the Bramah exhibition lock. Sorry everyone I'm 1st in that queue .........

Thread Information