Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Thread: Display

Default Display

Hi all, I pinched this idea from someone's photographs of the lancaster lock show. I think they may well have had the keys labelled as well but I am not trying to sell these and I'm not that pedantic yet. I had this chunk of burr elm (I think) sitting around with some candle holders on so I whipped them off. Drilled and inserted some stainless and chrome rods and added keys! Could have been easier if I had a pillar drill as its hard to keep all the holes perfectly vertical when your on crutches. I ended up having to do a bit of bending here and there and this is the end product. I wonder what other ways of displaying there are? I would appreciate any ideas as I still have plenty left to display?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20140828_193453.jpg   20140828_193300.jpg   20140828_193526.jpg   20140828_193540.jpg  

Warren, I don't care where you got the idea, that burl is beautiful !!. The keys are pretty cool as well
    Mark A. Billesbach

Quote Originally Posted by oldbiscuit View Post
    Warren, I don't care where you got the idea, that burl is beautiful !!. The keys are pretty cool as well
    Yes it is rather exceptional. It was one of my better buys from a charity shop. It originally had 3 turned wooden candlestick holders on it but my kids never liked it so I went off it,now they love it. They said it looks like the keys are floating which made me think about doing another but using perspex rods next time. Thanks for your kind comments
    Oldbiscuit.

Default display

That is beautiful! A very original way to show your keys. Very inspiring, thank you so much for this post.

Thread Information