Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Some early British cylinder keys

Looking for the Yale paracentric keys on the other thread I come across these classic British oldies from days before the dreaded euros took over!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Old cyl keys.JPG 
Views:	33 
Size:	203.1 KB 
ID:	12253
    I think the Union is one of the early patterns, and the Shawe's and Vaun's are still occasionally found on doors where they've preserved them with etched or leaded glass etc. All they needed was a 3G114 in addition or a 3G220 if a narrow style door, and they were sorted- the night latches just kept on going and going. See if I can find some matching cylinders as I think I have a few somewhere.

The other one seen from time to time was ETAS

They're another blast from the past- now you mention it I vaguely remember having a few of those somewhere. Does anyone else have the same problem where you only ever find random stuff (stuff you'd forgotten you even had!) while looking for something totally different... probably just me- I think I need to get more organized!

And another I'd forgotten about was LOCWIL

Quote Originally Posted by MaxVaultage View Post
    They're another blast from the past- now you mention it I vaguely remember having a few of those somewhere. Does anyone else have the same problem where you only ever find random stuff (stuff you'd forgotten you even had!) while looking for something totally different... probably just me- I think I need to get more organized!
    I know exactly what you mean. You look for something you know you have, get side tracked finding the things you forgot you had and can't remember what you were looking for in the first place. Another time you can't find it, so you buy one. Then find two of it! usually in the first place you looked.

Thread Information