Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default NORTON KEY DUPLICATOR with KEY BLANKS and DISPLAY with LIGHT FIXTURE no globe

Key Duplicator for sale. NORTON.

Many more pics available if any interest.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dec274x.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by inland77 View Post
    Key Duplicator for sale. NORTON.

Many more pics available if any interest.
    Likely a re-badged Cole National or Curtis machine marketed under the Norton brand. My two cents.

Pete Schifferli

Default Cole National 200

I just bought one just like that, only in pieces and missing motor. It is a Cole National model 200. Identical, but without key tree. I hope to get it running soon. It would be nice to find the correct motor but I'm sure i can rig something up.

Default norton

grahm 1st had this model and then norton and then cole-national.the model changed very little from grahm to cole-national. hillman absorbed what was left of cole. i've had several of these machines.i was given one in the late '90s that didn't work. the motor and the wire wheel worked but the cutting wheel would not turn. not knowing that hillman had bought cole, i called the cole company to see if they stocked these machine parts. luckily the phone was answered by a lady who had worked at cole and knew exactly what was wrong with my machine before i had finished giving her the symptoms. even though these machines were small, they were built well.she said that if anything on the model 200 were to fail it would be the 15- toothed gear at the end of the motor shaft at the cutting wheel end. the 15-toothed gear drives a circular gear which turns the cutting wheel. i took the machine apart and sure enough, the gear was worn down so much that it did not mesh with the circle gear.
    i see there is a model 200 motor for sale on ebay.

any way to get these gears ? or parts that would work ? mine will spin but wont cut... its missing the middle gear

Quote Originally Posted by bitbuster View Post
    grahm 1st had this model and then norton and then cole-national.the model changed very little from grahm to cole-national. hillman absorbed what was left of cole. i've had several of these machines.i was given one in the late '90s that didn't work. the motor and the wire wheel worked but the cutting wheel would not turn. not knowing that hillman had bought cole, i called the cole company to see if they stocked these machine parts. luckily the phone was answered by a lady who had worked at cole and knew exactly what was wrong with my machine before i had finished giving her the symptoms. even though these machines were small, they were built well.she said that if anything on the model 200 were to fail it would be the 15- toothed gear at the end of the motor shaft at the cutting wheel end. the 15-toothed gear drives a circular gear which turns the cutting wheel. i took the machine apart and sure enough, the gear was worn down so much that it did not mesh with the circle gear.
    i see there is a model 200 motor for sale on ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by craigt View Post
    any way to get these gears ? or parts that would work ? mine will spin but wont cut... its missing the middle gear
    Try Hawley Lock Supply:
    http://www.hawleylock.com/

Pete Schifferli

i have a parts 200.

Thread Information