Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Push Key Cutter Machine...

I have see a lot of key cutter machine that can cut flat key, Bit key, Auto Key, and the list go on. My question as looking at Push key Blank for pancake padlock what key machine they use to get the cut. Only if someone has and pictuce of key machine....Thank...Timothy

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    I have see a lot of key cutter machine that can cut flat key, Bit key, Auto Key, and the list go on. My question as looking at Push key Blank for pancake padlock what key machine they use to get the cut. Only if someone has and pictuce of key machine....Thank...Timothy
    These can be cut on a machine like the old Ilco Minute, see image.

Pete SchifferliClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IlcoMinute.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	54.3 KB 
ID:	12210

Thank Pete
    As least got idea of how is it. Too bad they don't make these machine any more. I don't think going to find any locksmith carry this machine. As I remember long time ago there this guy I know used to know by e-mail have one but have no I idea of where or what happen to him....Timothy...

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    Thank Pete
    As least got idea of how is it. Too bad they don't make these machine any more. I don't think going to find any locksmith carry this machine. As I remember long time ago there this guy I know used to know by e-mail have one but have no I idea of where or what happen to him....Timothy...
    The Watayoshi Steel King machine from Japan is functionally equivalent to the bit and flat key side of the old Ilco Minute, see link:
    http://www.mbausa.com/item.asp?num=WTA-SK1

Pete Schifferli

Thank Pete
    Now that I'll love to have that machine. To bad could has one long time ago but too close of retire. It surprise me you don't see a lot of locksmith carry that machine that could be making a little more money for it....Timothy...

We have these machines in our shops. The turret will rotate to hold the key in the needed direction. There is also the locksmith and a file if it really came down to it.

Where I'm working at we normal don't have a lot of those kind of key blank. I have my own business but has not been doing a lot of cutting old padlock key. There not much of I have see people here in asking to cut the key. I have been collect old lock for sometime and learn to make home make key and by file the blank key. There are time like the push key that I have three of them trying to make a blank for it and hoping one of these day to finish it.
    As you will know only heard few of locksmith do make there own blank key and suprise me how some do very good job doing it. I know one on another forum as he make his key on a drill press as you would not believe how he did it. ...Timothy...

Thread Information