Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Cool Can anyone identify this locking device?

I have these two locking devices that I do not know what they are for or who made them. The key (the piece with a mushroom looking end) pushes into the larger piece and locks in. By pushing the opposite end (with the single ring) back into the device it releases and the key comes out. It is stamped with some type of logo also. Any help to identify this would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails antique lock 011.jpg   antique lock 018.jpg   antique lock 014.jpg  

Default Can any lock guru identify this lock ? Thx

Has no markings i can find except these late 1800's patented dates shown please help...also value estimate thk u !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 014.jpg   013.jpg   012.jpg  

Lockman-
    Your posting may get moved to its own thread. But in the mean time your lock is definitely a Yale and used to look like this. The condition is rough and probably will keep the value at or below $20.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yale.jpg  

thk u for the info ! so all these locks have those patent dates ..correct ? thk u

No they don't, I suspect only the earlier models have the patent dates stamped on them. I do not know the time range that would have entailed though.

Thread Information