Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default 22 Vintage & Antique Padlocks For Sale

I am parting out more of my collection, sadly. The current batch consists of 21 padlocks and one rare Safe brass cabinet or chest lock. Brands are Reese, Safe, Slaymaker, Fraim, F/S, Eagle, Streamlined, General, Winchester, All American and some no-names.

Photos of each lock, numbered for reference, are at http://goo.gl/iUnSrs

Locks are NOT priced. I'm a collector, not a dealer, and will accept best offers made on one or more, or the whole lot. Contact with offers can be made in this thread, by PM or by email. I will attempt to keep this thread up-to-date as locks sell, but the Picasa album linked above WILL be updated the moment locks are paid for. I prefer PayPal.

Thanks for looking!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	padlocks_6-22_1.JPG 
Views:	79 
Size:	107.8 KB 
ID:	11947

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	padlocks_6-22_2.JPG 
Views:	62 
Size:	108.7 KB 
ID:	11948

Nothing?

For those who might think I'm being squirrelly by not pricing anything - I seriously don't know how to price them. I buy locks at local auctions, estate sales, yard sales etc, and get them from house clean-outs. I don't buy locks "on the market" and never have, so I don't have a clue what they're worth to more serious collectors.

That said, I've sold over 300 locks in the last two months, with not one single lock priced. I know a fair offer when I see it, and I know (usually) when someone wants to get something for nothing. If you have a fair offer for one of these locks or for all of them, you could have a deal settled in one email... just offer what the lock (or all of them) is/are worth to you. I'm motivated.

Citydweller- the lack of response might have something to do with your wording and not the lack of prices- you make it sound like you buy the locks casually out of interest 'off the market' at one price, and that 'serious' collectors 'on the market' might then pay another. Realistically these things usually work themselves out, and prices find their level whatever way they're sold or bought. So they are probably worth pretty much what you paid for them. Also, a lot of forum members only catch up every once in a while, so it's worth sitting it out with patience if you still haven't sold your locks, as it might be a while before everyone has a look at your post.

MaxVaultage - That's not what I meant at all. I mean I don't go to "lock auctions" or sales where a quantity of locks is advertised, buy on the bay, or at other venues where bidding competition is between collectors. I get them at estate sales and weekly auctions when there is one or two small tray lots scattered among a boatload of tools and hardware, at yard sales, and even a few handfuls from the houses I clear out. As such I'm not in touch with the collector market and just don't know what most locks are worth.

That's one reason I've been very happy selling them in groups. The buyer sends an offer, I divide that number by the number of locks, and if the per-lock average sounds fair, the deal is done and it all works out in the wash. My buyers are very happy, so they tell me, and I'm not sweating with "Geez, did I charge him $25 for a $10 lock, or did I sell him a $60 lock for $20?".

Hope that makes some sense.

The Reese pancake (#8) is sold.

Okay, I'm asking $230 for the remaining 20 locks, including USPS shipping. PayPal only.

http://goo.gl/iUnSrs

ALL SOLD. Thanks for looking!

Thread Information