Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by cahoca View Post
    I hate to keep asking you questions but you are the best and only source for this I have- LOL When we took the machine apart and cleaned it, there were shims at the base of the mount that holds the key blank side. Not sure what these were for but I'm guessing they may have something to do with setting the depths and calibration. We tried our best to try and get these right but the cutter is still not cutting the side depth properly. Do you know the correct way to calibrate a new cutter on this? Have been able to verify we have a correct cutter replacemnet thanks to your help too. We just bought one and was not sure if the dimensions were right but this checks out okay. Was absolutely thrilled to finsd out about the decoder on the machine. I was racking my brain trying to figure out what it was! LOL Thanks so much for taking the time to help. Chuck
    I suspect the shims were to assure that the carriage is properly aligned with the cutter. Attached is a pdf from Arnold Sintnicolaas' The Canadian Locksmith Magazine, 2002 with operating and adjusting instructions for the 181D. This is also covered in detail in Bob Sieveking's The National Locksmith Guide to Tubular Lock Service which can be purchased from his website:
    http://www.sievekingprodco.com/locksmithguidebooks.html

Pete Schifferli
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Ilco 30s key dup

no need to go to ebay to find an end mill for your machine. keep it original and send the end mill to get sharpened at gil-ray tools.
    www.gilraytools.com
    mark will get it sharpened to specs. you can also call him, too.

Thread Information