Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Tucker and Reeves

Hi everyone I'm a new member and was wondering if anyone could help. Tell me if this is a safe key and if not what it could be for. It has Tucker and Reeves on one side and D6687 on the other,it also is made ov either brass or bronze. Am a newbie and have never posted before so please be gentle with me ,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20140605_142759.jpg   20140605_142731.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Warren63 View Post
    Hi everyone I'm a new member and was wondering if anyone could help. Tell me if this is a safe key and if not what it could be for. It has Tucker and Reeves on one side and D6687 on the other,it also is made ov either brass or bronze. Am a newbie and have never posted before so please be gentle with me ,
    I have eventually found what it's for. It's from a Hobbs and co brass paperseal padlock with a Tucker and Reeves patent lock system from about 1907 -ish. Both the padlock and the key were numbered to match if my information is correct. So everybody check your paperseal padlocks to see if this key matches your lock number .

Thread Information